San Francisco Wrongful Termination Lawyers
Are You a Victim of Wrongful Termination?
There are both federal and state laws in place to protect employees from wrongful termination. If you believe that you have been wrongfully terminated from your job, you should consider speaking with an experienced employment law attorney who can help you exercise your rights to recover damages. If you can successfully prove that your employer wrongfully terminated you, you may be able to recover damages for your financial loss, future financial losses, punitive damages, and suffering.
Most employment relationships are “at will,” which means the employee or the employer has the right to quit or fire someone for any reason, with or without cause. However, when an employer fires an employee for an unlawful reason, he or she will be in violation of wrongful termination laws. Under the law, an employer may not fire an employee based on:
- The employee’s age, race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, or disability
- As a form of retaliation
- The employee took time off for maternity leave
- The employee needed to take time off for medical reasons
- The employee exercised his or her right to take family leave time
- The employee refused to work overtime or through his or her lunch breaks
- The employee had to serve jury duty
- The employee refused to commit an unlawful act on behalf of the employer
How a San Francisco Wrongful Termination Attorney Can Help
If you are a victim of wrongful termination, you can depend on a San Francisco wrongful termination attorney the Ladva Law Firm to help you file a claim against your employer. We have considerable experience in this area of employment law, and have helped many employees throughout the San Francisco Bay Area who’ve been wrongfully terminated. We understand you are probably feeling angry, resentful, and downright betrayed. Let us help you obtain justice through the legal system by holding your employer accountable for his or her unlawful actions!
To discuss your rights at a free consultation, please contact a San Francisco wrongful termination lawyer at the Ladva Law Firm today!