Sexual Harassment Attorneys in San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Sexual harassment is one of the worst violations a worker can endure and can have a lasting physical and psychological impact, both at the workplace and in everyday life. It can destroy a person’s psyche and is a trauma of the highest order. Sexual harassment in the workplace can result in everything from feelings of discomfort to outright fear for one’s safety. If you have been subject to such treatment, you don’t have to suffer silently.
Ladva Law Firm understands how sensitive this topic can be, we handle sexual harassment and gender discrimination cases that take place in the workplace throughout the San Francisco region.
One of the things we do at our firm is help clients clarify the details surrounding potential sexual harassment cases and prepare everything for legal action. It’s one of the reasons we hold an initial consultation. When we talk with you, we’ll explore your unique situation in more detail to get an idea of the scope of your case and what actions can be taken.
About Sex Harassment and Gender Discrimination
Hiring, firing, recruiting, job placements, promotions and advancements, job assignment, job training, compensation, working conditions, layoffs/suspensions, and other factors can play a role in gender discrimination disputes. Fortunately, the law requires that men and women be treated equally—with no exceptions. Unfortunately, unscrupulous employers routinely flout these important pillars of law. Additionally, there are important distinctions between sex discrimination and gender discrimination:
- Sex discrimination refers to discrimination that is rooted in biological identity as male or female.
- Gender discrimination is more general and is rooted in characteristics that are sociologically and culturally associated with either femininity or masculinity but are mutually exclusive from biological identification.
Here are some examples that may be helpful:
- An employer readily provides preferential treatment or benefits to employees of one gender over another.
- An employer opts to not hire a woman because they are perceived to not have the toughness of a man or opts to not hire a man because they are perceived as not sensitive enough.
- An employee is given above average reviews but is overlooked for promotions because of their gender, while the positions are filled by individuals who are not as qualified.
- An employer doles out discipline in an unfair and uneven manner that is indicative of gender discrimination.
- An employer opts to pay members of one gender more than another.
Many other factors play into gender discrimination and sexual harassment. If you have questions about these distinctions, we will be happy to help clarify. Just contact our firm.
What is the process of filing a sexual harassment complaint?
If you have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace, filing a complaint may seem overwhelming, but there are some steps you can take to make sure you have recourse. Although using an attorney isn’t mandatory, our firm can help you make sure the correct procedures are followed throughout the legal process. Typically, you’ll need to do things such as follow the company’s reporting policy for sexual harassment, inform your employer of the issue, and file a formal complaint in the legal system. If the sexual harassment progressed to an assault, the police should also be notified as soon as possible.
We Understand Your Situation
A person’s identity is a huge part of their existence, both in the workplace and elsewhere in their lives. Enduring painful discrimination due to sex or gender is a destructive force, and the team at The Ladva Law Firm is on the side of the victim, helping them get the representation they deserve. Our attorneys work hard to help mitigate workplace discrimination, and we are always sensitive to the fact that this can be a difficult process for our clients to go through.
If you have suffered a sexual assault, you are not alone. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 152,680 reported sexual assaults occurred between 1992 and 2000. Some of these happen in the workplace. You have the right to press charges whether you have experienced sexual harassment or assault, and our firm can help you do that. As with all our work, everything is 100% confidential. The workplace should be a comfortable place for employees to earn a living, not a discriminative environment where they are edged out of opportunity or unable to advance themselves in certain areas because of who they are. Contact us today for legal assistance.
Contact us for a consultation today!
See What Sets Us Apart From Other Firms
- You Don’t Pay Unless We Win
- 100% Free Consultations
- Fighting For Our Clients Since 1999
- Experienced in a Wide Variety of Cases
- We Fight With Integrity, Compassion and Strength
- Committed to Fighting for Our Clients and Community